Monday, July 16, 2007

Hot Monday

I thought today was going to be cooler from the looks of it this morning, but it is humid again. It is much easier now to blog now that the pics are ea sier to put on. I grateful to the kids for their patience and help with me using this site. As Kori said Saturday they had a great day and Coby had fun. He loves his little truck and I'm sure will want to take his nephews for a spin. I was actually thinking Coby and Gabe spinning around and looking all grown up, only maybe Gabe would want to drive! Ha! Saturday as the kids went floating, dad and I went golfing. We did 9 holes and was it ever HOT! 107 and I looked like a red beet! I am finding out I'm not much of a putter, but n ot bad in my drive lines or whatever t hey are called. Dad finally got his drives straight on Saturday and he said it was because he decided to relax more. Of course, I had told him that the last time I went with him and Coby, but I didn't' tell him that! He also said he decided not to be intimidated by me! Ha! We had fun though! The kids came out Sunday for Hawaiiwan Haystacks and Peach Cobbler. We were so sorry we didn't get connected that evening with Gabe before he went to bed. We were waiting for it to cool d own because the rasberries needed to be picked. We picked a couple of gallon or so and took them to some of our neighbors. Brother and Sister Roberts who are horiculturists said they were the largest rasberries he has ever seen! He said they were 'State Fair' quality! Kim and I were both pleasantly surprised. Anyway, we have a freezer full so all of you will be getting jam this winter. I wish the kids were here to eat them fresh as they are so good every day. If you kids want starts of the Canbury ones, you need to take them in the spring and plant them. They are truly the best berries we have ever had. Dad and Coby are registering the pickup today and will be home in a bit. We love each one of you and Gabe we'll try calling you tonight! Love always, Mom and Dad, & Coby

3 comments:

Joanna said...

That is so fun about your tasty berries. Like Ashley mentioned in the other post - a raspberry milkshake sounds heavenly right about now...

And golfing sounds fun...but the heat - not so much. This summer heat just zaps this pregnant woman's energy. I go outside for a few minutes and feel like I need a shower, and a nap :)

Well I'm sure that Gabe will love zipping around with Uncle Coby when he comes up next in the fun little pick-up.

Love you all!
Joanna

Ashley Mullen said...

Count me on on getting some starts for next year. We have been escaping to the pool to get out of the heat.

Ashley Mullen said...
This comment has been removed by the author.