Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Cinnamon Applesauce

Ok, I got some Romes this week to make our traditional cinnamon applesauce. $16 a half bushel! Anyway, it was the season and I had no grandkids to help me push the apples through the seive so I did it alone. The camera batteries were low so these are the only pics I got. Some of my friends asked me why I didn't use a juicer to do the applesauce with, but they don't understand the memories I have of having the kids doing applesauce with me and pushing the apples through! Special times and memories for me and hopefully them, too. Gave a lot of it to special people and families in my life and saved some for Coby's mission farewell on November 8, 2009. So come 1 and come all for Thanksgiving Dinner with Mom's Cinnamon Applesauce!

2 comments:

Ashley Mullen said...

YUMMY!!! We wish we were there to help. I love pushing the apples thru. So do the kids!!! Love you

Ellis said...

Genevieve loves "sus" and I know she would love yours! It will be fun when our she is old enough help you make it. We're counting down the days too! We can't wait to see you!